Tuesday 28 August 2012

2000FM empowers through education.

Mojalefa Mophete's dreams have been made a reality as he realized his opportunity to go back to school, all thanks to 2000FM's David Mashabela.
David also known as ‘The King’ on the radio airwaves, ran a competition on his show in which 2000 FM listeners had to submit a story about their struggles and how they want to empower themselves through education. Mojalefa said he heard about the competition from his older brother, Simon who is a big fan of 2000FM, who then encouraged him to participate.
Mojalefa tells us that he fell in love with accounting since he was in grade 11.With outstanding Matric results, an A in mathematics, B in accounting, economics and Business studies, it was clear that pursuing his studies in Accounting was what he intended to do. "I currently want to study a B.Com. Accounting Degree but eventually I see myself achieving my goal of obtaining Honours in Charted Accounting", says Mojalefa.
Living in an informal settlement in Diepsloot with his brother as his mother lives in Rustenburg, he informs us that he did not see himself living in Rustenburg as everybody there follows the same path of working in the mines. "That was not for me, that's why I decided to stay with my brother in Diepsloot as I felt that my dreams were going to be fulfilled in Johannesburg as the city is associated with dreams coming true", he smiles.
Mashabela encouraged this ambitious young man to stay focused on his studies and to find a part time job as it will assist him to empower himself and to make things easier on his older brother. Mojalefa assured David that he would not take the opportunity for granted.
Amanda Masuku


No comments:

Post a Comment